Monday, May 17, 2004

THE RELIGION OF THE WOUNDED SKIES

Preface

The “religion of wounded skies” signifies the attitude of destiny which has become wounded by the pain faced by the one sided romance of a man who gets fascinated by a woman who is a stranger to him.
Before this man could actually feel his emotions for this love (woman), he learnt/ realized that this woman can never be his wife because she has already accrued into bondages of marriage.
This poem is a silent confabulation of this wounded (emotionally) man who is trying to locate this happening in his life which left him wounded.
Ultimately, this man is left with awe and deep respect for the woman who just flashes with purity for her husband.
This is the religion of this poem….


The Religion Of The Wounded Skies
When the nimbus seems gray,
I looked into the sky
Laceratingly inquisitive to destiny… I prayed
To find those eyes
Eyes of a religious woman… a woman about the whom the stars always potrayed
Eyes of love… that love about which I
have no say
Eyes of passion…
Eyes of longing…
Eyes of fulfillment…
Eyes of contentment...
Eyes of love…
Alas destiny ! you seem to stale

Once I came across them but
They were eyes of lust, obnoxious creed !
No that was’nt I was looking for …
……….. authentically indeed.
I picked up the broken pieces of my life
Wounded by those undeserved eyes
Pain prevailed my silence
And I still grayed on with prudence
Did destiny answered my question?
“Yes” She said, “ Offbeat Co-ordination “.

When I was firm … came she
A conscience that manifested destiny in me
But what is it which is casting a spell…
Oh! a tantalized me?
My firmness annihilated when i
Reminiscised to look at he sky
This time “NO”, I said, “Never will I”
Now like bolt comes a look
A look sudden and serene,
swift of course being seen
A look enigmatic indeed
A look which initially never accrued to me
But now I’ll take them to proceed
Look so warm and pure
a look deep, a look so mature
A look… I saw… this time, I said,
“May be I am sure”

Now I happened to see the nimbus
Overflowing with cirrus and cumulous
Happy ? Should I ?
The woman I was looking for,
Is she the destined
Is she the ultimate mine?

She had everything I desired
It was her religiousness
Her sacredness I actually admired
Comes a question now
Is she the one or is
……… she a guide ?
or is she a friend ….
In whom I confide .

Like a thunder struck she
From the sky into me
Into my life now …. ?
Let me see…..
I crossed my fingers, I crosses my feet
This time…. No, I can never accept defeat

It was a look…
Look of a woman
A woman as pious as she can be
She was the one, who saw
….. a man in me.
She was the one, who actually uplifted.
When things seemed wrong,
And I actually quitted.
She who neither welcomed … nor accepted,
But actually faced life.
She had been the one who have been my wife
But destiny begs pardon ‘cause
It isn’t cirrus or cumulous
… of the nimbus
but a flux of circumstances.

Oh! For a second of a thought
Can destiny wipe those tears
Painful, all in all
But sh- oh- she !
She never allowed them to fall
Now waked up the inquisitiveness
And the turbulence never ceases
“I need an answer” said I
Now onwards I’ll never look at the sky
And before I decided with fury
Destiny solves the enigma while,
Being easy.

Before I could ask… comes the answer
A look of sacredness, of purity, of power
A look which was never for my eyes
But for someone else … I cry
Before I did, how gentle was the reply
And if I tell you, you’ll sigh ….

Eyes of-course !
But actually she saw
His eyes in me
‘cause I was following the footsteps
… those footsteps from where the
turbulence flee
into the gentle cascades of time
and eyes that meant to give me a sign
that every rose doesn’t have a thorn
but every thorn have a flower
those eyes met mine with power
a look so in-born
looks of blessings did shower
those eyes provided me illumination
pointing that it is not these
religious eyes which were the
Manifestation of divinity….
…. But the manisfestation of divinity
as in divinity in me
before I caould actually have
taken the look of pure authenticity
I helplessly look at the sky
But what do I see ?
The sky is wounded
By the wounded me ……. !
But behind the wound is not the pain
But the realization of what I had gained.

A rainbow flashed in the horizons
In which the messege portrayed
That these religious eyes taught me
Religion …..
Religion that might have stayed.

No comments: